A highly prestigious global banking and financial services institution who provides tailored institutional banking, investment management and wealth management services is looking for a Head of Communications to lead the APAC Communications & Media team.
- Lead the team in developing strategic communications plans and execution across the APAC region, covering external and internal comms and media relations to support business objectives and global brand strategy
- Act at the key spokesperson; build and maintain trusting relationships with relevant senior media across the region and be pro-active in promoting the brand within the media
- Lead the team in handling any crisis, issues and reputation management situations and act as a trusted advisor to senior management across the region
- Partner closely with APAC Marketing head to ensure Communications activities and strategies are globally aligned with Marketing objectives.
- Co-Chair the APAC Marketing and Communications Council to ensure close collaboration and focus of all Marketing and Communications teams in delivering on APAC-specific strategies
- Build collaborative relationships with country and regional leadership, business stakeholders and corporate staff colleagues across the business. Operate effectively in a highly matrixed organization.
- Lead and manage a mid-sized team who are based between a couple of key markets; leading and mentoring to help develop their skills
- Solid experience operating in a senior communications role within a large scale financial services firm
- Experience working in the institutional financial services sector is essential and ideally with knowledge of the asset management industry
- A proven track record of successfully leading and managing a cross regional or global team
- Highly experience in both pro-active and re-active media relations and strong contacts with the relevant media across the region
- High-functioning, proactive individual who can handle stressful situations
- Commitment to excellence and collaborative approach to getting work done, balanced with a sense of fun
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; effective presentation skills
- Fluent in English; one additional language skill preferred
This is a unique opportunity for a senior communications professional to take on a Head of function role with a world leading financial services firm, which offers an engaging, dynamic and enjoyable working culture and environment.
The SR Group (Hong Kong) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.