Carter Murray Middle East are looing for a Head of External Communications for a leading consumer business in Kuwait.
The right candidate will be responsible for developing and driving the external communications strategy in partnership with the VP Corporate Communications, with the overall objective of protecting and enhancing the corporate reputation and ensuring the quality, effectiveness and impact of brand external comms activity.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead external comms strategy in support of the overall business and reputation management goals
- Develop measurable annual comms plan
- Ensure the corporate narrative is effectively messaged to external stakeholders, supporting VP Corporate Comms on C-Suite initiatives, driving corporate content strategy and overseeing press office comment
- Drive performance of the corporate channels, guiding on strategy for owned and earned content
- Act as guardian of the brand, presenting our corporate narrative across all channels (media, text, visuals, video, brochures, etc.)
- Provide senior counsel to the business on editorial content and PR engagement; helping brand and functional teams deliver effective PR activity to the appropriate level of quality
- Lead the business continuity planning process; protecting the reputation through effective issues and crisis management
- Provide actionable insights on external sentiment about the comapny and its competitive set
- Oversee relationships and engagement with PR agencies and monitoring agencies (rates, output, standards)
- Provide communications thought-leadership in Area of Responsibility (AOR)
- Build overall comms standards/competencies through effective leadership and development of relevant processes, training & coaching
- Set KPIs to evaluate the impact of programmes delivered; ensure all external comms team track/report on outcomes within their AOR
- Enthuse and strive towards delivering excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage direct reports and other team members within matrix-based structure - drive performance and support skills / employee development
- Manage budget within Area of Responsibility
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelors / Masters degree
- To come from a leading consumer business globally
- Minimum 10 years experience and has been in a leadership role specialising in external and corporate communications
- Willing to relocate to the Middle East
If you match these requirements please apply on the link provided.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.